Backing Up Your Business: Data Where To Begin.
A disaster recovery plan is critical for the health of every small business but, only 25% of the businesses I encounter have a plan in place. Personally, I Feel this is because business owners don’t have a clear idea on what needs to be done; not knowing where to begin, they put off building a disaster recovery plan. A good Plan starts with backing up Business Critical Data.
So Just What is Business Critical Data?
Business critical data includes information your business could not recover if it were lost. Any small business disaster recovery plan should focus on keeping this irreplaceable data safe. That data might include:
- Customer information
- Email correspondence
- Financial records and information
- Sales and shipping records
- Insurance, vendor and employee contact information
- LAN and WAN Network diagrams and IT vendor service level agreements
- Telephone service level agreements
- Drawings or Specification documents
- HR records
- Video or audio records
- Procedures and Policies
- Quality and product tracking records
- Inventory records
- Certificates and Licenses
- Security information
- Manuals, books and other products created for and by your business
- Offsite storage indexes which include what is stored off site, where it’s stored, and when it was update.
Now you have a idea of what Business Critical Data is you can begin putting together your Disaster Recovery Plan.
Connected PC Solutions – Laptop and Computer Repair in Baltimore Maryland