- When comparing printers, consider the total cost of ownership, not just the purchase price. Depending on how many pages you print, a cost difference of just a penny per page can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars over the printer’s lifetime.
- Judge a printer’s speed not only by the manufacturer’s claims but also by the speed at the quality level you will use. Ink jet speed claims usually refer to the printer’s fastest mode rather than the higher-quality modes you’re more likely to use.
- If you don’t need to print color, a monochrome laser printer may be a good choice. It is faster than a color ink jet and provides higher-quality output for text and line graphics.
- If you print an average of 25 pages a day, and your printer holds only 25 sheets, you’ll have to load paper every day. If your printer holds 250 sheets, you’ll need to load paper about once every two weeks. Choose a printer that can hold enough paper and enough ink or toner that you won’t have to add or change them too often. (The less often you have to add or change consumables, the better.)
Connected PC Solutions is a Perry Hall, Maryland computer repair business. Follow us on Twitter @ConnectedPC
Printing is very easy and traditional. In fact “paper” documents have been around almost as l long as there have been human civilizations. Most people print out of habit. Recently, as the Owner of Perry Hall PC Repair, I have been tasked to help a client reduce their paper consumption. Since we as humans are pretty stubborn we usually need a good reason to do something new or outside of our routine. Now that said I am no way what some would consider and environmentalist, Tree hugger or other various buzzwords for people who are devotedly “green”. I did however discover that many times we print out of habit not really need. Here are a few tips that not only will reduce paper consumption but will also save you money.
- Print Two Sided – Most printer have the option for Duplex printing. Duplex printing is a fancy way of saying print on both sides of the paper. If printing out 100 pages by duplex printing you only print on 50 sheets instead of 100 cutting your paper consumption in half.
- Print to PDF – Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) Many software packages give you the option of Print to File which essentially saves the document in a print ready format such as PDF. By doing this it can be read on most smartphones, Tablets, Ipads and other devices.
- Email instead – Email the document instead of printing it out. The recipient can read the document without printing and they can make the decision on whether to print or not.
Follow these 3 simple tips not only save you paper but will also save you in ink and or toner.
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectedPC
Connected PC Solutions is a Perry Hall, Maryland based computer repair business