Mevvo protects your precious files by keeping a copy safely online. It’s hassle-free, easy-to-install, completely secure – and backs up your entire PC or Mac, no matter how many files you’ve got! Keep your files safe!
Mevvo works quietly in the background to protect your files as you use your computer. You don’t need any technical knowledge, and it backs up all of your files – no matter how many you’ve got. You can restore your files at any time with one click. View your files anywhere.
Once you’ve backed up your files with Mevvo you can view them from anywhere – from any web browser, or from your mobile and tablet. You can view your photos and documents, and even listen to your music and watch your movies, wherever you are. Complete peace of mind.
With Mevvo you can be sure your files are safe and secure. We keep multiple copies of your files, so you can get to them at any time, and we encrypt them with military-grade encryption, so that they’re completely private. If you need help at any time our outstanding support comes free!
We at Perry Hall PC Repair love the ease of us and the affordable pricing for secure online back up. In fact not only is it in use at our shop backing up our business files, We also use it on our home pc’s to back up the kids school work, and other important documents, Pictures and music files!
- Keep all of your working files in one folder. The My Documents folder is offered by Windows expressly for this purpose. The benefits of keeping all your files in one place are multiple. One, you know where all your files are, two, it’s easy to back them all up at once, and three, your machine will run faster.
- Don’t put your personal files on the root of the C: drive. If you store a large number of files in the root folder, you could corrupt your disk file table which could lead to a “NTLDR is missing” error message when you boot the computer. Very bad. If you have personal files on the C: drive now, move them to the My Documents folder.
- Uninstall programs that you are not using. But don’t just delete the program. Remove it correctly! so you won’t cause Windows errors. Go to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs. Find the program you want to remove in the list, and click the Remove button.
- If you download a zip file and expand it, delete the original zip file when you are done.
If your Computer is running slow or acting strangely Call A Professional Computer Repair Technician Call Connected PC Solutions Perry Hall PC Repair
Use Windows 8’s PC Settings application to create a new user account for a child. (Mouse over the bottom or top right corners of the screen, move your mouse cursor up or down, click the Settings Charm, and click Change PC Settings at the bottom of your screen.
Select the Users category and click the Add a user button to add a new user account.
Enable the “Is this a child’s account? Turn on Family Safety to get reports of their PC use” check box while creating a user account
Reporting and Viewing Reports
You can view reports and edit family safety settings for each child from here. You can also add another parent to give multiple people access to the Family Safety page. Settings you specify here will synchronize to each Windows 8 computer you and your children use.
1. Use Windows update regularly to keep your operating system safe and running smooth.
2. Scan your PC with Secunia PSI to find important patches for other installed programs.
3. Install a reputable antivirus program and keep it up to date.
4. Prevent hackers from accessing your computer by enabling the Windows firewall.
5. Enable system restore to help undo unpredictable changes to your computer.
6. Backup your important files to an external drive.
7. Use an online backup service to protect your important files from local disasters.
Local Baltimore Computer Repair – Perry Hall PC Repair
I am sure if you have been on Craigslist you have seen the ads ” We’ll fix anything for a $45 flat fee! ‘ Or the infamous “Computer Repair for $25” …..How can this be?
It can’t! When you see these types of ads on Craigslist or anywhere else, our best advice to you is to move on and keep looking. This type of ad normally indicates that the service provider has little experience, insufficient skills, or is simply somebody who is trying to make an extra buck to supplement their existing income.
Think About It
One service that this is especially true of is virus and spyware removal. It takes HOURS, to completely remove a virus. If someone tells you they can remove your virus simply by running a special software utility, you are being misled or the person simply doesn’t know what they are doing. Viruses leave behind remnants that can only be removed manually and this requires that the technician has advanced skills and knowledge of Windows and all of its components.
When you consider the information above, now ask yourself how someone can provide this service for a flat fee such as $30? It takes several hours alone just to wait while your data is being backed up and then to re-install windows and restore your data after the install is complete. On average it takes us at least 4 hours of labor to clean a customers PC. That breaks down to an hourly rate of a little over $6.50 an hour if you charge $.30 Keep in mind this doesn’t include travel time if provided.
Now ask yourself if this person really has the background and skills that you would want them to have before working on your PC? We don’t think so and we doubt you do either.
In Shop Virus Removal $89 / OnSite Virus Removal $149 No Gimmicks, No Tricks
Connected PC Solutions – Virus Removal and Computer repair in Perry Hall, Maryland
Follow Us on Titter @ConnectedPC